Your Ultimate House Remodeling Checklist in 2021
As of 2021, the housing market inventory in Los Angeles has fallen by 38 percent. For many homeowners, remodeling their homes is a more feasible option than finding a new place to buy. If you have chosen to do just that, you probably have a lot of questions about the process. One of the best ways to get your renovation off to an organized start is to create a renovating a house checklist that will act as your roadmap of sorts throughout the process. At Oasis Builders, we offer some of the most trusted home renovation Los Angeles has to offer. We’ve pulled together this checklist to get you started.
2021 Renovating a House Checklist
1. Think About Your Renovation Priorities
Consider what it is you wish to achieve with your home renovation. What are your priorities:
- Which rooms are most important to change?
- What do you wish to achieve with the renovation?
- Are you most concerned with aesthetics, function, or both?
- Do you need more space or simply an upgrade to the existing space?
- Are you concerned about enhancing the monetary value of your home or usage value?
2. Create a Budget
This initial budget should be more focused on how much you have available to invest and less focused on what things will cost. Pinning down an exact idea of how much money you want to invest will give you a springboard to work from as you start making selections.
3. Gather Remodeling Ideas
Here’s where the fun part truly begins. With your budget pinned down and your priorities in order, you can start researching ideas you would like to use in your home. You may want to look at our gallery for some inspiration, take a look at certain materials and how they align with your budget, and even browse home improvement and design websites to come up with ideas you like.
4. Find a Home Renovation Contractor
Perhaps one of the most important items on your list is to find the best possible remodeling contractor to carry out your plans. The best home renovation contractor will:
- Have excellent credentials and reviews from prior customers
- Offer free, transparent price quotes upfront
- Help you find the highest quality materials
- Offer superior communication ethics
- Guide you through home renovation from start to finish
5. Prepare for the Work Ahead
Home renovation can involve a bit of prior rearranging and adjustment to your living situation. For example, if you are working with an addition contractor to expand the size of your kitchen, the kitchen you now have will likely need to be cleared to make room for the work ahead. Things to consider include:
- Making alternative arrangements for whatever rooms will not be accessible during renovation
- Moving furniture, household items, decor, etcetera out of the way
- Securing alternative living arrangements if you would prefer to be out of the home
- Planning a way to keep your pets contained
Ready to Get Started on Your Home Renovation Project in Los Angeles?
With your renovating a house checklist in tow, we can definitely help you tack down the rest of the details for your home renovation project. Whether you are looking for simple second-story addition or expansion, a full-on bathroom remodel, or a complete home renovation, contact Oasis Builders in Los Angeles to get started.